Is Rotary a Good Fit?
Being a Rotarian is more than just attending meetings. It can be a life-transforming experience by being part of a solution to address some of our world’s most serious challenges.
Is becoming a Rotarian a good fit for you? Consider what you can expect if you join Rotary:
- Rotary clubs are organized by “Avenues of Service.” Each Avenue with its respective committees covers the key service areas of the club. You can expect to identify which Avenue fits your passion by serving on one or more committees each year.
- When you join Rotary, you will receive a temporary red badge a.k.a. “Red Badge.” You can expect to turn your “Red Badge” into a permanent “Blue Badge” by completing a list of tasks that are designed to help you become connected to our club and its members.
- Although attending meetings every week is no longer required by Rotary International, you can expect to attend at least 2-3 Rotary-related events per month (e.g., lunch programs, committee meetings, service projects, fellowship events, etc.). The more you attend such events, the more you will connect with others and develop strong Rotary friendships.
- You can expect a financial obligation each year. There are modest annual dues for our Rotary District and Rotary International. There is also an application fee. Meal costs are not included in the above costs. Lastly, you can expect to make monetary donations that help save and change lives locally and globally.
How will you benefit by joining Rotary?
- You benefit from making many, many lifetime friendships
- Your business will benefit as Rotarians want to do business with people that adhere to the Rotary “4-Way Test” for use in professional and personal relationships
- You will benefit from personal development as you work on committees and take leadership roles in the Rotary local and global community
- You will benefit from knowing that you are part of a global community that seeks to solve the most difficult challenges around the world
If Rotary seems like a good fit with you, you will be joining 1.2 million other community leaders and civic minded people around the world who think the same. And if you do join and become an involved Rotarian, you will understand why so many stay and how you too are making the world a better place.